Call for ART!
West Valley Arts Roster Artists Exhibit
November 29th – January 11th
Submission Deadline November 8th
Dropoff Date: November 26th
A free opening reception will be held Thursday, November 29th from 6-8pm
The West Valley Arts Roster Artists Exhibit is our opportunity to feature the works of our members. Roster artist members may submit two pieces* of their choosing. Entries may be placed for sale at the artist’s request with a 25% commission. Artists are invited to submit original art to include anything from photography to paintings, sculpture to installation pieces, digital work to interactive art, and beyond. WVAC is seeking your finest works of art.
Our gallery is freely open to the public, with each exhibit lasting between 4 and 8 weeks.
Artists are required to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show. To become a member and become eligible for the exhibit, please click here.
A current membership is required to enter, but there is not an additional entry fee.
Deadline to Enter
November 8th, 2018
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC exhibit.
- No giclee.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form, artwork images, and application fee must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
- The West Valley Arts Council will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Participating artists are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please call the West Valley Arts Council at 623.584.2626.
- If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 8th, 2018: DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES
November 26th, 2018: Artwork and Artist Statement must be hand-delivered during gallery hours. artwork must be hand-delivered during gallery hours to West Valley Arts HQ 16126 N Civic Center Plaza Surprise, AZ 85374
November 29th, 2018: Opening Reception 6-8PM.
January 11th, 2019: Exhibit Closes.
January 11-12th, 2019: Pick up artwork from Arts HQ during regular gallery hours.
How to Enter:
To submit your entry online click here: ROSTER ARTIST EXHIBIT ENTRY
Become a Roster Artist Today!
To become a West Valley Arts Council roster artist, you may apply online.
If you would prefer to submit in-person, please bring artwork to Arts HQ Wednesday through Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm. WVAC is unable to store artwork during this process.
Feel free to contact us with any questions!