Call for ART!
West Valley Students Exhibit
November 30- December 21, 2018
Submission Deadline: November 9th, 2018
Dropoff Date: November 26th, 2018
A free opening reception will be held Friday, November 30th from 6-8pm
Accepted submissions will be juried further for a cash prize awarded at the opening reception.
- 1st: $100
- 2nd: $75
- 3rd: $50
Our Fifth Annual Surprise Invitational is an open stage for artists to display their art without prompt or theme. Submissions will be juried for the display but are open to a variety of mediums, with a maximum of three works. Entries may be placed for sale at the artist’s request with a 25% commission. Artists are invited to submit original art to include anything from photography to paintings, sculpture to installation pieces, digital work to interactive art, and beyond. Artists may enter any 2D or 3D media and may submit up to three items per entry.
Our gallery is freely open to the public, with each exhibit lasting between 6 and 8 weeks.
Artists are not required to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show. However, we encourage you to become a member. For information on membership, please click here.
Deadline to Enter
November 9th, 2018
There is no fee to enter.
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC exhibit.
- No giclee.
- All entries will be juried, and artists will be notified of acceptance.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form, artwork images, and application fee must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
- WVAC accepts cash, check, or credit card
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
- The West Valley Arts Council will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Participating artists are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please call the West Valley Arts Council at 623.584.2626.
- If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at email@example.com
November 9th, 2018: DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES
November 12th, 2018: Artists are notified of acceptance into the exhibit.
November 26th, 2018: Artwork and Artist Statement must be hand-delivered during gallery hours. artwork must be hand-delivered during gallery hours to West Valley Arts HQ 16126 N Civic Center Plaza Surprise, AZ 85374
November 30th, 2018: Opening Reception 6-8PM.
December 21st, 2019: Exhibit Closes.
December 21st, 2019: Pick up artwork from Arts HQ during regular gallery hours.
If you would prefer to submit in-person, please bring artwork to Arts HQ Wednesday through Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm. In-person submissions will be entered into our gallery entry system and required to be juried. WVAC is unable to store artwork during this process.
Feel free to contact us with any questions!
Become a Roster Artist Today
To become a West Valley Arts Council roster artist and receive a discount, you may apply online.