Call for Teaching Artists for Professional Development
West Valley Arts is seeking to expand their roster of teaching artists for their arts education and professional
development programming. We are actively encouraging applications for both one-time and multiple workshop
sessions. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Examples of Eligible Arts Education Categories:
- Music: vocal, choir, band, cultural, jazz, instrument care, etc.
- Visual art: graphic art, drawing, painting, traditional cultural art forms, textile arts, conceptional art, etc
- Other: readers theater, movement/dance, arts education coaching, STEAM, arts virtual learning etc.
WVA will be judging on:
- Artistic merit
- Artist or group resume or biography
- Examples of work
- Diversity, inclusion, and access will be prioritized in the selection process
- Be a teaching artist or teacher with some paid professional experience presenting or providing workshops
- Be able to present 2-hour workshops appropriate for teachers
- Video capabilities for virtual workshops
- 2-hour in length including Q & A with teachers
- Informative lesson for teachers to help generate questions, ideas, lesson plans and
- WVA will provide a paid stipend for the workshop
Evaluation of Application:
Applications will be evaluated based on criteria from the West Valley Arts, including consideration of the contents of each application and any supporting materials submitted. Access the online application form and
complete information at westvalleyarts.org/artist-opportunities. Any documents and materials submitted as part of an application will not be returned. Applicants may be disqualified at any point if any information in
their application is found to be false, misleading, incorrect, or if terms of this guideline document are not