Call for Teaching and Performing Cultural Artists
West Valley Arts is seeking to expand their roster of performing and teaching artists for our arts education and professional development programing. We are actively encouraging applications for both one-time and multiple performances. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Examples of Eligible Performing Arts Categories:
- Dance: modern, traditional, cultural, ballet, jazz, etc.
- Music: classical, opera, cultural, jazz, vocal, world music, etc.
- Theater: musical, play, puppetry, mime, drama, etc.
- Visual art: traditional cultural art forms, textile arts, conceptional art, etc.
- Other: traditional folk performance, non-verbal performance, other original works, etc.
WVA will be judging on:
- Artistic merit
- Artist or group resume or biography
- Examples of work
- Diversity, inclusion, and access will be prioritized int the selection process.
- Be a performing artist, ensemble or group with some paid professional experience presenting or providing workshops.
- Be able to present 1-hour programs appropriate for young audiences.
- Video capabilities or ability to perform in Surprise, AZ Arts HQ
- Q&A with audience
- 45-minute presentation
- Creation of a project or informative lesson for the students to help generate questions & ideas
Evaluation of Application:
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of performing arts professionals and experts based on criteria from the West Valley Arts, including consideration of the contents of each application and any supporting materials submitted.
- WVA will provide a paid stipend for the performance.
- Completed copy of the application form
- Optional supporting documents or media (e.g. performer resumes, photos, past performance recordings, etc.)
Access the online application form and complete information here:
Any documents and materials submitted as part of an application will not be returned. Applicants may be disqualified at any point if any information in their application is found to be false, misleading, or incorrect, or if terms of this guideline document are not adhered to.