Surprise City Hall Gallery
16000 N Civic Center Plaza, Surprise, AZ 85374
Submission Deadline: April 5th, 2019
Dropoff Date: April 29th, 2019
West Valley Arts in partnership with Surprise Arts & Cultural Advisory Commission are featuring the WHAM Member’s Exhibit April 29th through August 22nd, 2019.
The exhibit will be juried by Surprise Arts & Cultural Advisory Commission members. “The purpose of the Arts and Cultural Advisory Commission is to encourage cultural growth in the city and to ensure that art, culture, and entertainment are central elements of the quality of life for city residents…The commission also recommends to council the selection and commissioning of artists with respect to design, execution, and placement of works of art for which appropriations have been made.”
This exhibit will be featuring current members of WHAM- What’s Happening Arts Movement www.wham-art.org
For Membership information:
WHAM Community Art Center
16560 N. Dysart Road, Surprise, AZ 85378
Deadline to Enter
April 5th, 2019
This exhibition is free to enter. Artists may submit up to three pieces per entry.
- 2D and 3D artwork will be accepted.
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC exhibit.
- The exhibit is open-themed.
- Artwork containing multiple images is still considered one submission if included in the same frame or part of a group (ie. triptych).
- All entries will be juried and artists will be notified of acceptance.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form and artwork images must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 5, 2019: DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES
April 8, 2019: Artists are notified of acceptance into the exhibit.
April 29, 2019: Artwork dropped off at Surprise City Hall 16000 N Civic Center Plaza Surprise, AZ 85374 from 10AM-2PM (Please contact email@example.com or 623-584-2626 if alternative times are needed)
August 22nd, 2019: Exhibit Closes.
August 22nd, 2019: Pick up artwork between 10AM-5PM At WVAC Arts HQ 16126 N Civic Center Plaza Surprise, AZ 85374
Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVAC