ART CALL NOW CLOSED
Celebrating Grand Canyon
March 8th – April 19th
Submission Deadline February 14, 2019
Dropoff Date: March 2, 2019
A free opening reception will be held Friday, March 8th from 6-8 PM.
In 2019, Grand Canyon will celebrate 100 years as a National Park. In partnership with Grand Canyon Conservancy (GCC), the West Valley Arts Council’s Arts HQ Gallery is proud to host “Celebrating Grand Canyon,” an exhibit featuring GCC Celebration of Art plein aire artists and local artists.
In our “Celebrating Grand Canyon” exhibit, artists are invited to submit work that honors one of Arizona’s most inspiring landmarks, its rich Native American history, and the wildlife that inhabits the canyon. We encourage all mediums to apply. This is the time to GO GRAND to celebrate Grand Canyon National Park’s Centennial year by contributing to the artistic tradition that helped inspire the creation of National Parks!
Artists are not required to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show, however, we encourage you to become a member. For information on membership, please click here.
Deadline to Enter
February 14th, 2019
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC exhibit.
- No giclee.
- All entries will be juried and artists will be notified of acceptance.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form and artwork images must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
- The West Valley Arts Council will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Participating artists are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please call the West Valley Arts Council at 623.584.2626.
- If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at email@example.com
February 14, 2019: DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES
February 21, 2019: Artists are notified of acceptance into the exhibit.
March 2, 2019: Artwork and Artist Statement must be hand-delivered during gallery hours. artwork must be hand-delivered during gallery hours to West Valley Arts HQ 16126 N Civic Center Plaza Surprise, AZ 85374
March 8, 2019: Opening Reception 6-8PM.
April 19, 2019: Exhibit Closes.
April 19 & 20, 2019: Pick up artwork from Arts HQ during regular gallery hours.
Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVAC