Bugs & Blooms
July 12 – August 23
Submission Deadline June 14, 2019
Dropoff Date: July 6, 2019
A free opening reception will be held Friday, July 12 from 6-8 PM.
The West Valley Arts Council invites artists to get creative and showcase your best work, representative of your individual style, for our Surprise Invitational exhibit. Submissions can include anything from photography to paintings, sculpture to installation pieces, digital work to interactive art, and beyond in the theme of flora (blooms/floral/botanicals) and bugs (insects/arachnids/worms/microbes).
WVAC is seeking your finest works of art. Artwork must be original, created within the last 3 years, and not previously exhibited at any WVAC event. Artists are asked to provide business cards and an artist biography for display along with your artwork. Participating artists are encouraged – but not required – to volunteer at The Arts HQ.
Artists are not required to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show, however, we encourage you to become a member. For information on membership, please click here.
Deadline to Enter
June 14th, 2019
- $35 Non-members up to three entries
- $30 WVAC Roster Artist Members up to three entries
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC exhibit.
- No giclee.
- All entries will be juried and artists will be notified of acceptance.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form and artwork images must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs. (Stretched canvases are acceptable)
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
- The West Valley Arts Council will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Participating artists are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please call the West Valley Arts Council at 623.584.2626.
- If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 14, 2019: DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES
June 21, 2019: Artists are notified of acceptance into the exhibit.
July 6, 2019: Artwork and Artist Statement must be hand-delivered during gallery hours to West Valley Arts HQ 16126 N Civic Center Plaza Surprise, AZ 85374
July 12, 2019: Opening Reception 6-8PM.
August 23, 2019: Exhibit Closes.
August 24, 2019: Pick up artwork from Arts HQ during regular gallery hours.
Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVAC