December 6th – January 17th
Submission Deadline November 11th, 2019
WVAC is seeking your finest works of art to be part of our Artists for Animals Exhibition. This exhibit is animal-themed and open to all art mediums! Cash prizes awarded!
Artwork must be original and not previously exhibited at any WVAC event. Participating artists are encouraged – but not required – to volunteer at The Arts HQ.
Artists are not required to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show, however, we encourage you to become a member. For information on membership, please click here.
- $35 Non-members up to three entries
- $30 WVAC Roster Artist Members up to three entries
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries must be the artist’s original work and not previously exhibited at any WVAC exhibit.
- No giclee.
- All entries will be juried and artists will be notified of acceptance.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form and artwork images must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs. (Stretched canvases are acceptable)
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
- The West Valley Arts Council will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Participating artists are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please call the West Valley Arts Council at 623.584.2626.
- If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline To Enter: November 11th
Acceptance Notifications: November 13th
Art Drop-off: November 30 (10am-3pm)
Opening Reception: December 6th (6pm-8pm) with live animals from Arizona’s Wildlife World Zoo!
Show End: January 17th
Art Pickup: January 18th (10am-3pm)
Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVAC. Entry fees are non-refundable.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the above contact us at email@example.com
By registering and/or submitting to this call to art you are in agreement for the following terms and conditions: artworks to be displayed in the West Valley Art Council Art Exhibit makes them liable for loss and/or damage. In the event of the loss or damage of the work or works, I agree to waive the responsibility of the West Valley Arts Council, the Arts HQ and the City of Surprise and their employees and affiliates. West Valley Arts Council collects a 25% commission on artwork sold through exhibition and retail.