Business Park Call for Artists
In Partnership with West Valley Arts, a private business park in the Metro Phoenix area is seeking artists (painters and digital artists) who can create specific works for key interior and exterior locations around the campus.
Themes are listed below.
The airport adjacent business park boasts 900,000 SF of industrial and office space in 19 buildings. Its dramatic industrial architecture and modern design is slated to be home to numerous businesses developing and expanding to the Southwest Valley.
A single artist/work will be selected and commissioned for each of the following opportunities:
Seeking an artist who can skillfully create a colorfully vibrant, non-abstracted image of hummingbirds in flight, set among flowers and foliage. Final image will be created on a large scale canvas (approx 3ft x 7ft), which will be enlarged and scaled to a large exterior campus wall.
Satellite Sky (painter or digital artist)
Seeking an artist who can create a masterfully dynamic image of satellites in orbit within a night sky. The Final image will be created on a large scale canvas (approx 3ft x 7ft) OR as a high resolution digital image, to be enlarged and scaled to a large exterior campus wall.
Pop Art Photographs (digital artist)
Seeking an artist who can work with business park’s historic photograph collection, transforming the images into digital pop art (ie Warhol-esque) works. These works will be printed on canvas and/or framed, to be displayed around the campus interior.
Up to $3000.00 per opportunity, to be made to the selected artist upon completion of the project.
Budget includes costs of materials, labor, artist fees, artwork purchase, and any other expenses associated with the artists’ creation of the selected design.
Selected artists will receive notification of interest and invitation to work with WVA to produce final work. Final selection will be based upon the quality, strength, and feasibility of the proposed work.
Selected artists will produce final work on canvas, to be photographed, enlarged, and installed as a mural on the campus of the business park.
Final canvas work will be purchased by the business park and remain in their collection.
Artists will provide licensing and reproduction rights, and permit the photography of artworks, including their use in promotional materials. All reasonable efforts will be made to credit the artist in promotions and when communicating with the media.
Notification by February 19, 2021
If your work is selected, you will receive further information by that time. Artists will be notified by email. Please do not call for results.
Every submission is appreciated and will be seriously considered.
This opportunity is open to artists living and working in the state of Arizona with proven ability to produce exemplary art. The artist must be over the age of 18.
Submission fee for the current art call is as follows:
- Non WVA member artists $35
- WVA member artists $30To find our more about the WVA artist membership, visit https://westvalleyarts.org/become-a-roster-artist/
- Artists must submit 3-5 individual pieces that exemplify their style and ability to execute the proposed theme.Artists’ past works should demonstrate an ability to produce high quality art that is both engaging and aesthetically pleasing. Work should evidence a potential to make a significant artistic contribution to this project. Artist must ensure high quality of images – we recommend images be between 72 and 300 dpi.
- Must include Bio (no more than 500 words) and resume.
- Email and phone contacts for three professional references. These references will be called only if you are a finalist.
- All info must be uploaded directly to the submission form.
Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]