Submission Deadline: August 18th
**UPDATED Dropoff Date: September 7th
Exhibit Dates: August 24th- October 31st
Open themed call for art to be displayed at Avondale City Hall and Library showcasing local artists.
Avondale City Hall
11465 W. Civic Center Drive Avondale, AZ 85323
Artists are not required to be members of the West Valley Arts Council to enter the show, however, we encourage you to become a member. For information on membership, please click here.
Deadline to Enter
August 18th, 2018
This exhibition is free to enter. Artists may submit up to three pieces per entry.
- Entries must be the artist’s original work.
- The exhibit is open-themed.
- Artwork containing multiple images is still considered one submission if included in the same frame or part of a group (ie. triptych).
- All entries will be juried and artists will be notified of acceptance.
- We can only display 2D artwork at this location.
- Entries must include an image of each piece. Digital images can be uploaded below.
- Images preferred 300 dpi, .jpg format.
- The completed entry form and artwork images must be received by the deadline for artwork to be considered.
Hanging Details and Requirements
- All hanging artwork must be properly framed, not to exceed 20 lbs.
- All artwork must be properly wired; no saw tooth hangers permitted.
- All submitted work must include a label or identification on the back of the work, including the name of the artist and the title of the piece.
- Artwork measurements should include the mat & frame.
General Show Information
- WVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their work.
- The juror or curator reserves the right to deny entry of any work deemed unsuitable for display, too difficult to install, or does not meet requirements and specifications set forth by WVAC.
- All artwork juried into the exhibition are welcome – but not required – to be for sale.
- The West Valley Arts Council will handle all sales and retain a 25% sales commission.
- Participating artists are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please call the West Valley Arts Council at 623.584.2626.
- If you are interested in speaking at the Arts HQ about your art process or experience contact Jessica Dyer, Gallery Director, at email@example.com
August 18, 2018: DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES
August 24, 2018: Artists are notified of acceptance into the exhibit.
SEPTEMBER 7, 2018: Artwork dropped off at Avondale City Hall 11465 W Civic Center Drive Avondale, AZ 85323 9AM-11AM
October 31, 2018: Exhibit Closes.
October 31, 2018: Pick up artwork
Artwork not picked up after 30 days becomes the property of WVAC