West Valley Arts (WVA) has long been a champion for arts education and its goals to enhance student academic, social, and emotional development. Our service to the West Valley’s educational system becomes more and more critical as arts programs and funding decline.
Our arts education programs serve to support students, teachers and districts. WVA offers Arts Advantage, Professional Development, and a combination of both in our Arts Education Partnerships. Overall, we believe our programs will positively impact students’ creative thinking, curiosity, and inclusivity!
Arts Advantage is a series of 60-minute live, culturally diverse, arts performances for fourth grade students from West Valley schools. Students learn from, interact with, and enjoy educational yet entertaining, kid-friendly performances such as: Native American hoop dancing, multi-lingual opera, African drumming, and Flamenco.
For the 2020-2021 school year, we expanded our series to include interactive digital videos to give our students even more arts & culture exposure while also fulfilling AZDES standards. Our Arts Advantage videos come equipped with a comprehensive teacher guideline, an engaging student activity, and an entertaining performance.
Overall, these diverse performances serve to teach every young mind to explore new ideas, experience the arts and celebrate different cultures!
To learn more about Arts Advantage, go here!
Our Professional Development sessions strive to support the efforts of administrators and teachers by providing quality training and workshops in person and virtually. WVA connects schools with expert teaching artists in music, visual arts, and general arts education to further support West Valley students. The ongoing music and arts training we provide to teachers trickles back into classrooms and improves the way children learn and experience the arts.
To learn more about Professional Development, go here!
Arts Education Partnership (AEP):
Our Arts Education Partnerships with Arizona Elementary School Districts exist to support their arts education departments throughout the school year.
- 5 Key points Arts Education Partnership will address:
- Invest in district, schools, staff, students, parents, community, and businesses
- Contribute to increasing student achievement
- Serves to enrich and enhance current school programs with outside resources
- Assist in integrating the Arts into Arizona College and Career Ready standards/Common Core, STEAM and other local, national and international best practices
- Introduce students to diverse and inclusive art forms and cultures through performances, lessons and activities
- Primary Services
- Up to 8 Professional Development Sessions a School Year
- 4 Free Arts Advantage Virtual Performances
- Arts Education Connections, Exposure and MORE!
NOW VIRTUAL !
An Arts Advantage Video Includes:
- Highly trained and experienced performers to provide educational arts performancesin line with AZDES standards
- A comprehensive teacher guideline to prep the teacher to continue the conversation with students
- An interactive activity to engage the students with the virtual platform
- The Multi-Use Feature to utilize video for before/aftercare services, school break camps, or other grades!
- Select videos are available in English and Spanish
- Save on Transportation Costs
- Save time and money on planning school trips!
Virtual Arts Advantage
- Performances are designed for elementary to middle school students.
- 45 min-60 min performance with educational lessons, entertaining performances, and interactive activities!
- Optional after video activities and discussion questions!
- Most activity materials are low cost or readily available!
- Materials needed are dependent on the lesson and are listed upon request.
- Pre-recorded: Distributed via private links and password
What we will do for YOU !
Total of 8 Professional Development
- West Valley Arts will plan, coordinate, and schedule your school’s arts and music PD for the entire school year
- We can also coordinate independent PD sessions for extra support.
4 Free Arts Advantage Videos
- Arts Advantage is a series of 60-minute virtual performances tailored to fourth grade students. Through Arts Advantage, students learn from professional and diverse artists during performances such as, art, dance, and music.
- Connect fine arts teachers with professional artists, arts organizations, other teachers, West Valley colleges, and non-profit organizations, etc.
- Assistance with marketing and promoting school performances, and fine arts events (art shows, fine arts competitions, etc.) through our website and sharing information with our network.
- Locating venues for students to showcase work and perform for the community.
- Access to art supply drive donations
- Networking opportunities
- District receives a West Valley Arts Membership which covers participating schools
- Participating Fine Arts Teachers qualify as an Artist Member and receive benefits
- Logo recognition in WVAC education related publications, presentations and WVAC website and media outlets.
- Free rental of professional display equipment to showcase art work