Introspective: Call For Art
West Valley Arts invites all artists to submit to our newest, juried virtual art show!
Introspective recognizes the spirit, beauty, and depth of the artist. Artists are encouraged to submit representational self-portraits that examine the artists’ personality, story, or inner-workings.
Introspective will be a completely virtual show, juried by a select panel of WVA staff, supporters, and partners. Prizes will include 1st ($150), 2nd ($100), and 3rd place ($75) cash awards, as well as honorable mentions
The virtual exhibit will open March 31st and run through May 7th.
In addition to cash awards, selected winners and honorable mentions will be invited to have their work featured in the Art HQ Gallery space in conjunction with other running exhibits.
Deadline to submit: March 19, 2021 11:59 pm MST.
Submission fee for the current art call is as follows:
- Non WVA member artists $30
- WVA member artists $25
Teaching & Performing Artists
West Valley Arts is seeking to expand its roster of performing and teaching artists for our arts education and professional development programming. We are actively encouraging applications for both one-time and multiple performances. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Examples of Eligible Performing Arts Categories:
- Dance: modern, traditional, cultural, ballet, jazz, etc.
- Music: classical, opera, cultural, jazz, vocal, world music, etc.
- Theater: musical, play, puppetry, mime, drama, etc.
- Visual art: traditional cultural art forms, textile arts, conceptional art, etc.
- Other: traditional folk performance, non-verbal performance, other original works, etc.
Arts Development Facilitators
Call for Teaching Artists for Professional Development
West Valley Arts is seeking to expand their roster of teaching artists for their arts education and professional
development programming. We are actively encouraging applications for both one-time and multiple workshop
sessions. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
Examples of Eligible Arts Education Categories
- Music: vocal, choir, band, cultural, jazz, instrument care, etc.
- Visual art: graphic art, drawing, painting, traditional cultural art forms, textile arts, conceptional art, etc.
- Other: readers theater, movement/dance, arts education coaching, STEAM, arts virtual learning etc.