The Benefits of Arts on Aging
To learn more about this study and other resources on the benefits of the arts and aging go here: Additional Resources
A subpage: -Additional Resources
- The Creativity and Aging Study. Dr Gene Cohen
- Lifetime Arts
- Short Term intervention to enhance cognitive and affective functioning in older adults Noice, Noice and Staines.
- Timeslips improves attitude and engagement Fritsch 2009
- Dancing or Fitness Sport? The Effects of Two Training Programs on Hippocampal Plasticity and Balance Abilities in Healthy Seniors:
“Moreover, only the dancers achieved a significant increase in the balance composite score. Hence, dancing constitutes a promising candidate in counteracting the age-related decline in physical and mental abilities.”
- Evolution of Neuroplasticity in Response to Physical Activity in Old Age: The Case for Dancing:
- Effects of Tango on functional mobility in Parkinson’s Disease Hackney, Kantorovich, Earhart 2007.
- Impacts of dance on cognition, psychological symptoms and quality of life in Parkinson’s disease
- Association of Dance-Based Mind-Motor Activities With Falls and Physical Function Among Healthy Older Adults
- National Guild for Community Arts Education
- Alive Inside: A Story of Music and Memory
- Available on Amazon Prime