The West Valley Arts was incorporated as the Cultural Arts Society West in 1969, and changed its name to the West Valley Fine Arts Council in 1989 to reflect a broader, more inclusive vision. It became the West Valley Arts (WVA) in 2004. WVAC has been central to creating what is recognized as a “high quality of life” for West Valley residents, and is the only multi-disciplinary arts organization of its type and scope in the Valley.
Originally founded in 1969, today the WVA is the only regional organization that focuses on all disciplines of the arts and maintains a unique position in providing professional arts and culture offerings to the 1.3 million residents of the West Valley. Since it’s inception, the WVA has earned multiple awards including two Governor’s Art Awards!
- 1992 Inaugural Best of the West
West Valley Fine Arts – The Arts
- 1993 Governor’s Art Award
West Valley Fine Arts
- 2001 Best of the West: Service to Communities
- 2005 Best of the West: Arts, Entertainment & Sports
West Valley Fine Arts – Full Season
- 2007 Best of the West: Arts, Culture & Entertainment
West Valley Culture and Heritage Blueprint
- 2008 Best of the West: Arts, Culture & Entertainment
Big Read – To Kill a Mockingbird
- 2013 Surprise Regional Chamber of Commerce
Non Profit of the Year
- 2015 Governor’s Art Award
WVAC is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Corporation.